Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

T.I.A.

"Peace Corps types only stay around long enough to realize they’re not helping anyone. Government only wants to stay in power until they've stolen enough to go into exile somewhere else. And the rebels, they’re not sure they want to take over, otherwise they’d have to govern this mess. But TIA, right..."
Blood Diamond

The continent of Africa has been considered some what of a hopeless spec of dirt in the world that we live in. Poverty stricken, non educated, disease ridden, barren wasteland infested with God forsaken uncivilized people. People who are fine with their way of life because they don't know any better. Murder, neglect, and rape pollute it's third world countries that politically hardly no one has any need for. This unfortunate area on the map is considered too big of a mess to do any cleaning up because it'll just go back to where it started and we shouldn't worry our selves about it. And no one else is worried about it so why should I be? "T.I.A." This is Africa...

I disagree.

What is happening isn't something that should be ignored. I feel it is my moral responsibility as a human being to find a way to help the ones who are in need. It's been my dream to go somewhere, anywhere in Africa and do good. Weather that may be building schools, homes, bringing clothes, food, anything. Ever since I watched the movies "Blood Diamond" and "Hotel Rwanda" I was shaken. Stirred. I realized how little I knew of the world and decided to not allow that any more. It shocked me that it had to take a movie to make me realize that horrible things happen in the world I live in and I knew that some how there had to be a way to help. So I looked into programs to where I could, at least a little but I never had the money for it. So I've saved and I've worked and I've done what I could. Granted I could have done more. I could have tried harder but I always felt like I would some day reach my goal. I still really want to make that dream a reality. Now it may take me a long time. It will be hard and there are things that are standing in my way, but what goes on in the world is wrong and more important. It's hard to believe in something when you feel like only one person. But it dose make a difference, and I believe that I can be that difference, and if I can make a difference in even one person's life then I can feel good about the world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment